Monday, March 1, 2010

Not so smart move

For those out there that have cats (and it's actually probably very few of you) or I guess, dogs would qualify here - - but you know how they just tend to walk all over you, literally, as you're lying in bed? Sometimes I wonder if our cats have any sense of "gee... should I step here? Mom sure did freak out last time I did" or perhaps their brains aren't that complex?
Saturday morning, we 'unleashed the fury' (as we say) when we opened the door in the morning to let the furballs into the room. They immediately jump up on the bed and start crying and getting closer to us so they can nuzzle in and purr their little heads off.
Well Whiskey decides that he's going to walk all over me (let me remind you from my other blog, that this is the same cat that decided to claw my face off in the middle of the night). So he walks over my chest. I'm pregnant. And that area is NOT ANYTHING to joke around with at this time. So he steps, I freak out and grab his front and back legs and pull them out from underneath him so he flops over. Well... it was poor planning on my part because he body slammed RIGHT into my full bladder and/or uterus, whatever's down there. Oh my. That hurt.
Hope baby didn't get jostled around too much.
I was trying to imagine what baby thought of it. I like to think s/he just bounced around and went for a little ride. Logical - right?
And I added another note to self in my book:
When cats come in the room, roll over and hide.
(they're lucky they're so cute)

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! "Roll over and hide" might work now but it won't for long. You better work on a plan B. Like adopting a pillow for a full-body shield :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't be like me when I was 8 months pregnant...I was holding Zoey and Brett made a big noise and scared her and she used my enormous stretched belly for leverage to jump off of. Can we say ouch?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree~ my cats walk all over my belly in bed, I've gotten good really quickly holding my hands in front of my belly for them to walk across on...my hands have become a bridge I guess!!?? :)My precious dog does nothing wrong, it's all cats! get rid of them!! :)

    ReplyDelete