Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nesting

So I never knew what the term "Nesting" meant until my friend said to me, "oh! You're nesting! How cute!" huh? She then explained that the cleaning and organizing and "getting ready" that you do around the house, is called nesting. So, that would explain the magazine I was starting to get IMMEDIATELY after getting married. The Nest. eh? I was so confused.

BUT... I'm a little smarter now.
My nesting has been happening here and there but this past Sunday, the hubby and I did some serious nest building! Gathered twigs, grass, dirt.... you should see the room! The worms get brought in next week......
LOL! j/k
But no so we went through the room where the babe would eventually dwell, cleaning out the room itself, and tackling the closet. And if anyone else out there knows what involves cleaning out one room... it's knowing that if you clean one area, you have to clean ANOTHER to put the other stuff in. So cleaning out the spare room closet meant I had to clean out OUR closet because most of the stuff would be moved into there. It's the only space we have left!
Which means all my scrapbooking/card making things are now in our closet, neatly stacked in their bins. I went through a TON of college books my brother left for me when he moved out (apparently he didn't want to take these with?), and filled the recycle bin. (don't worry re-users.. they were all computer/I.T. books and very outdated. Wouldn't have done anyone any good by bringing them to a used book store.)
Then I spent more time going through my brother's old school work and cleaned out three 3-ring binders of orientation manuals from his job. I emailed him the other day and told him "I believe I deserve a reward for this!" Because I also took careful attention to whatever had his name on it, and shredded it. I believe there are awards out there for Best Sister. Pretty sure there is.
After that was tackled, four bags went to the Goodwill, we filled the garbage barrel, and we also have a newly re-organized closet of our own. And we STILL have space in our closet so it's promising!
8 hours later (and yes, we spent 8 hours cleaning out stuff on Sunday), we have half an empty closet in the babe's room, the room itself has been cleaned out for the most part and our closet is lookin' good!
I wonder how long it takes birds to build THEIR nests?
OH!!! and we also revamped our bathroom with this stylish shower curtain and one of those "hotel" rods that are curved so you have more room in the shower! LOVE IT!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the shower curtain! Very sexy! LOL! Can't wait to see the room and closet (and bathroom) in May. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jack. You don't get to use THAT bathroom. You'll be in the downstairs one that gets terribly ignored. LOL!!!!!!!! KIDDING! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'll be showering in the sink, huh? Well, it could be worse. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that curtain!!!! Baby will get the designer bathroom I see!? :)

    ReplyDelete