Monday, March 22, 2010

No shortage of chocolate here!

I'm not sure what my deal is lately....well nevermind... I DO KNOW what my deal is lately - pregnancy. But I cannot believe the cravings I have for chocolate! My goodness! It's terrible!
The other day I had some dark chocolate covered almonds (being that it was 'dark,' I feel better), some chocolate milk, a Twix, then when I was at home, I had some Thin Mints for dessert and a Hershey's Treasures thingie. And I'm sure there was another glass of chocolate milk in there somewhere.....Wow.
I'm out of control.
So for the past few days I've been watching my intake (because it's INSANE).
Yesterday, I had toast before church and then after that we ran some errands.
One of the trips consisted of going to Wally World.
At the checkout... I noticed the Chips A'Hoy cookies calling me name. Pretty sure they winked at me too. Keeping in mind I had ONLY had toast up until this point and dang it, I deserved them.
So while Hubby was unloading the groceries onto the counter and not looking, I quickly grabbed them, and tossed them into the cart and then looked the other way.
It took him a second but he knew I had just thrown something in there. He sees it and I just start laughing because I can't hide it.
And then he starts to laugh and gets all "giddy" and I ask, "what?"
He points to the counter and there stood a little container of Whoppers that he SNEAKILY grabbed! LOL!!
We are WAY too alike!

5 comments:

  1. Preggo or not, you can never have enough chocolate. My mom told my OB that Olivia was going to be born with a chocolate kiss in her mouth! Ha!
    I couldn't get enough ice cream, I had to have it every night. And not the boring kind, it had to be Ben & Jerry's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why sneak? You are preggo...live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly how I feel about sweets! Candy in particular. See, at least you loved chocolate before and now it's just exagerated. I never really liked sweets, candy, ice cream, etc. But now...I'm obsessed. Yestereday, the folliwng fell into my grocery cart: Oreos, Starburt jelly beans, glazed donut holes, AND mini drumstick ice cream treats. OH..and a pint of pb cup ice cream. Dang it, and TWO Kit Kat bars! HELP!!!!!

    So, no fear, it's totally acceptable. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol!!!! kelli! that's awesome!!!!!!! Perhaps we should start a support group?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate is good for you, it's in the food pyramid right on the top where all the important stuff is, right!!!???? At least that's my view on it anyway! And, if baby wants chocolate it's your job as Mommy to give it to him/her! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete