Thursday, March 4, 2010

Appt Recap

Whew! You were right gals - pants were able to stay on.
I couldn't remember what she was going to need to do. I was very pleased to know I wouldn't have to sport the lovely gown.
But I WILL be making a mental note to shave my legs tonight.
The appointment went well though - a very fast 20 min.
The highlights of the appointment:
-I got there and forgot my Dr's name. "Yeah I have a 9:30 with......??" The gal goes, "Well lets go with - 'what's YOUR name?' OH!! I KNOW THIS ONE! I KNOW THIS ONE! man talk about feeling dumb.
-Got into the room and had to search around for my doc's business card. FOUND IT! Ah yes.. that's her name. Good to know.
-My blood pressure was measured at 96/54. I then asked if I was alive.
-Baby heart rate was 160 this time around. Doc helped me detect the movements on her doppler too, which was cool. All the static sounds - I go, "oh, I thought maybe you just had a bad connection." And proceeded to laugh at myself. At least she chuckled a little bit! So yup, baby was movin' around. Kinda fun.
-I then heard this whirling sound - like wind. I asked if the weather was bad in there!? She laughed and said she actually has one of her patients ask to hear the weather when they come in for their appointments. Too funny!
-Found out the epidural is still in question. Have to bring my x-rays the day I come in to deliver and the anesthesiologist will determine then what the scoop is.
-BUT.... the best part of the appointment (well ok, hearing the heart rate and knowing baby was 'healthy' was best too) but - finding out my blood type.
BE POSITIVE BABY!
LOL!!! I love it!
It's an absolutely perfect fact!

5 comments:

  1. So exciting! Glad your appt went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm BE POSITIVE too!! That's funny!

    Sounds like an awesome appointment, and hearing baby move around and the heartbeat must have been amazing! YAY!

    Is it possible to have an anesthesiologist look at your x-rays BEFORE the big day? Maybe that would help ease your worries a little?

    Love ya Cute Momma Chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blood type would only be that don't ya think!!?? I love it! I still think you are having a girl!! Yeah, best buddies will meet in late August!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss: They can look before, but it's a matter of getting a HOLD of the anesthesiologists and saying hey - look at these. But we can't tell who's going to be MY anesthesiologist you know? Whoever's on call that day is who I have and it's their opinion. So we have to wait. And I'm not worried so there's nothing to "ease" :) If I can't have an epidural - then I can't. It's JUST the way it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pretty excited when I found out my blood type too. I skipped school the day we tested our blood in high school. LOL!

    My doc said "you have the best type A+"

    Glad everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete