Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pass the No-Doze

Dear Little Tumble Weed:
I'm so sorry that you haven't mastered pushing yourself up from your belly. Especially at night when you're sleeping. From time to time you DO manage to get yourself back onto your back but I'm betting in your sleepiness, your arms don't quite function at full capacity. You therefore get cranky and need mommy or daddy's help to spin you around or scoot you out from the corner of the crib where you've managed to wedge your head. But please note that in your trials of trying to scoot yourself while on your belly, it causes your little butt to lift into the air and this is incredibly adorable! I understand your face may be smooshed into the bed at this point, however it must not be that uncomfortable as you don't seem to mind the incline.
And I'm really sorry that you haven't been able to sleep for the past couple nights due to what mommy and daddy believe is teething. We're all tired so I think we can all relate to one another when and if the time comes, we all just cry because of our lack of sleep. Even though mommy had a bit of a meltdown last night because she was extremely tired and you were waking up every hour, she really DOES feel terrible when you wake up crying. Mommy can't imagine how your little gums must feel :( I wish we knew exactly what to do to help you feel better.
So remember, even through our bloodshot eyes, we love you dearly and will try whatever we can to help you feel comfortable to get a good night's sleep. Lets hope each night gets better as mommy plans on stopping to get some Brandy tonight for herself..... er, I mean Anbesol for your gums.
*
Love
Sleepy and Sleepier

5 comments:

  1. aw man, that's a tough one for all three of you! does tylenol seem to help? i sometimes felt like tylenol was quinn's second food group while he was teething that first round. it is so hard on those little babies! i so hope the teeth breath through soon so you can all get some much needed rest again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear! I agree with Angie completely. Try the tylenol and hopefully that will help. Also, during the evening after dinner try a cold teething type toy.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will feel better soon hunry!! If he doesn't need the Brandy we can figure out a nice drink for both of us tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, you are such a descriptive writer. I love it! Have you ever dabbled in songwriting? Second, all I can picture is you three sitting around the TV in the living room and crying. Poor Pouliot family. Maybe you all need a little Anbesol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your last line was great! :) Baby Ora Gel nightime formula. period.

    ReplyDelete