Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mommy Brain Part XVI

My pal Jude brings in a cake today for someone who's been off for a while and today is their first day back.
It's a delicious looking hunk of goodness, filled with a multitude of scrumptious calories and chocolatiness. (It's a word for now - get over it)
The cake is in this shape:

And the label reads "1/2 chocolate cake."

So, I walk up to the cake to get a piece and I read the label off to Jude "1/2 chocolate... Judy? Why's it called 1/2 chocolate cake?" Thinking - it looks like it's ALL chocolate to me?

*

((crickets))

Jude: 'Well...... because it's HALF of a cake?'

Yeah, this is how my day is going.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahhaha! i'm so glad you can laugh at yourself. good work on that. and maybe the 1/2 cake will make up for the 1/2 brain that seems to be a fact of life with a baby in the house. i'm still wondering when i get the other 1/2 of mine back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with Jolene! I have a feeling when we do retrieve the other half of our brains it'll be when we are losing our memories at a retirement home. At least we'll fit in!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete