I would imagine I'm not the only one that feels like I never see my kid - considering he spends most days in daycare or with Grandma.
I wonder how Leighton even remembers me sometimes...
We were in Duluth over the weekend and so Leighton stayed with Grandma.
Jeff and I had never been more excited to get home!
I walk in and see my little man in his little bebe pod.
I could have eaten him right there.
I got a big ole shy smile and then he spit.
*sigh*
the love...
Yesterday I picked up LT from daycare and same thing - I walked in, he saw me, got a big ol' smile and then looked down (to do his 'shy' look) and then spit.
He used to spit all the time and then stopped. It's like he's rediscovered it. Then a little gal at daycare kept telling him he spits 'all day long.' LT just looked at her intently as she repeated herself over and over in higher and higher pitched tones until daycare lady told her "ok... that's enough." LOL! I love it.
Before bowling yesterday, we planned on going out to dinner in celebration of my birthday. So I had my friend Teri come out and watch the lil' guy. I felt terrible because: 1) I had just left him with my mom for the weekend. 2) He was crying with big alligator tears before I left.
UGH! Killed me.
He's never done the 'make strange' thing so I was thinking, "is NOW the time you're going to start doing this?" I felt bad for Teri too as I didn't want to leave her with a crying baby!
She reassured me things would be fine and after running through LT's schedule, eating habits and everything else in a matter of 45 seconds, I zoomed out the door.
The whole time thinking, "I'm ready to leave bowling or dinner if Teri needs me to get home. It's no problem. Just leave my phone glued to my side and we'll be good!"
Within about 5 minutes of getting to dinner, Teri had sent me a picture of the lil' guy smiling as big as could be! Apparently he stopped crying after I left. WHEW!
He was put down by 7.
So of course we get home last night and I feel like I haven't seen my child in a week!
But this morning I raced in there the second I heard he was awake (I was almost about to go in and get him anyway), and he pushed himself up off his belly and gave me the biggest smile - even though his eyes were still closed because he hadn't adjusted to the light yet. LOL! So cute!
So tonight - it's MOMMY & ME time! ....for a couple hours anyway as we get home at 5ish and he goes to bed at 7. Not MUCH time... but it IS time :)
Awww...enjoy your time with LT tonight!
ReplyDeleteaw, how could the little man ever forget his mama who loves him just so??? i'm sure he misses you ever bit as much as you miss him--tonight will be so sweet for both of you! enjoy it. :)
ReplyDeleteSo hard to have to say goodbye - even for a little bit - man does it make saying hello so darn sweet! Give that little boy a great big kiss and hug for me while you're loving him up, will you? :)
ReplyDelete