So I would like to know what on EARTH happens to a woman's brain after she has a child.
As I 'stand' before you, I admit that I do NOT have a brain anymore. (my dad would say: That's good. No brain = No Headache)
I'm not sure where it went. Maybe it was drenched in spit up and withered away?
Maybe it was washed away with the 4th load of laundry in a single day?
Maybe it was smooshed between toys as I rearrange them for the millionth time?
Maybe Leighton pulled it out when he was pushed out?
and that wasn't my placenta? it was .... MY BRAIN?
(sorry - that was a little graphic)
But seriously. I'm impressed I can even spell right now.
I have THEE most severe case of CRS syndrome (can't remember 'poo'), and just a general sense of COMPLETE disorganization.
To name a few items:
I have NO idea what I did with a particular outfit for LT.
I have YET to find my wallet. (it's been missing for about 3 months) Its actually only holding a few cards that I don't use and knowing they haven't been used yet, tells me it's lost in my house somewhere. So at least I got THAT goin' for me....
I was looking for some pants this morning for LT, couldn't find them! Anywhere!
Got my shake ready to go and put it in the fridge. Do you think I remembered to grab it? (I'll let you answer that one)
Also grabbed one of the little metabolism capsules. Think I know what I did with it? (same answer as above)
I've somehow managed to lose about 7 of LT's burp cloths.
I dropped LT off at my dads and knew I could take the carseat home (as my dad has his own seat in the car) and I had it by my side to take - think I remembered it?
I start the laundry, then run downstairs to grab dish towels, get caught up in cleaning something and totally forget the laundry had been going and I realize I just washed the washer itself.
I go to Maurices to shop and remember I had a gift card - think I remember where I PUT the gift card?
*
I mean really - I could go on, but as a result of my 'syndrome,' I can't remember what else I've done without giving myself a headache trying to recall it.
I think some studies should be done on 'mommy brain' and if there have been some, I'd like to read up on them.
But for now - I guess my husband will have to put up with temper tantrums and tears of frustration until I decide to get my life organized. Because lets say things DO get done and I'm feeling good, it can only take 1 minute before I find something that has gone wrong and I COMPLETELY flip. Kinda like this morning when I was running behind and trying to bring stuff out to the car and the car doors were LOCKED! ugh! really? I have to run back inside now and take OFF my muddy shoes to find keys to UNLOCK my car that's IN the garage?
It never ends....
Yep, all I can say is welcome to the club! : )
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! Well, maybe not from your perspective but it was funny as heck to read :) Hang in there. It gets a little better. Eventually. ;)
ReplyDeleteWow, I thought I was the only one who suffered from this extreme case! Ha, ha, ha!! J/K. You are not alone Lys. I will continue to believe Jolene when she says "It gets a LITTLE better. EVENTUALLY." I don't think I have seen the eventually part yet. Maybe you'll see it sooner..please let me know!
ReplyDeleteand it never WILL end. at least not that i can tell. UGH.
ReplyDelete