I used quotes on the title for a reason.
I'd like to talk about two types of movement today.
The first, the movement of little Baby P.
For about the last couple weeks, whenever I'm sitting at my desk at work, or at home on the computer, baby has either been having hiccups (not sure if I can feel them this early?) or baby's been doing some sort of Saturday Night Fever dance moves! They are the biggest JERKS in my belly and STRONG! It's almost uncomfortable at times because it feels like strong kicks and jabs or ginormous bubbles popping. Wish I could see through my belly to see what way the babe is. At least I'd know if I'm getting a flying kick to the belly or a "below the belt" punch!
The second 'movement' is in regards to, well, other things. We'll say it's ..'my shelf.'
There. I said it. I know there are some guys out there that read this blog so I'm sorry but hey, I'm pregnant and preggo woman got stuff to talk about!
But ok so...I'm in BAD need of maternity clothes in general.
I have a few normal tops that are pregger-belly friendly, however.... it's the "top" portion that's causing issues.
"My shelf" is moving up in the sizing chart and therefore my tops aren't fitting right.
For instance today, I took out a top that was handed down to me from a friend. Thought it was cute!
It's one of those ones where there's a string that you tie behind you and the string comes around to the front to sit UNDER your... 'girls.'
Well... didn't work so well for me.
The string is kind of ACROSS them instead.
But hey - I'M ROCKIN' IT!
God says we shouldn't worry about our appearances with involvement of what we wear right!????
God loves me whether my clothes fit right or not... and even if my jeans are a little short when I sit down. They're maternity jeans - gimme a break!
*
On second thought,....re-reading that tells me I need to go shopping.
Sorry, but this momma needs some correctly fitting clothes - it's almost as bad as when I WASN'T pregnant. I had work pants that I had a BINDER CLIP holding up because the button was gone or the pants were too big and I had safety pins holding up hems on the bottoms of some of them.
Wow.
I'm pathetic.
I'm signing off before I get banned from Blogger.
first, i think we all know, now, why the vending machine guy gave you free cookies.
ReplyDeletesecond, are we clothing soul sisters, or what? i am NOT kidding when i admit taht my work pants are held up with binder clip, too! HAHAHAHAHA! holy crap. so, between this and our clothes from middle and high school, well ... it's a little uncanny, really.
p.s. GO SHOPPING. :)
Angie: Oh man! Perhaps we should have a show or a blog on "Cuttin' Corners: Ways to use things around your house and office to avoid shopping." Yeah. I think you should start writing it. hee hee!
ReplyDeleteBinder clips! Why didn't I think of that!?! LOL about the shelf. I wonder if it will get worse before it gets better. Yes, yes it probably will. :)
ReplyDeleteTrust me, you'll know when baby has the hiccups. They are more faint and consistent than a jab or a poke. Olivia used to get them all the time in my 3rd trimester! Too funny.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, go get some clothes woman!