Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Hope all you mothers out there had a WONDERFUL day yesterday (and weekend)!
I considered myself a "pseudomother" as I feel more like a host for my CUTE parasite. :)
Jeff had even bought me a Mother's Day gift which I found to be so sweet! I really wasn't expecting anything as we had three other special ladies (mom, stepmom and mom-in-law) to visit over the weekend and there were other gifts to be purchased.
But much to my surprise, he bought me a book I've been MEANING to get! It came highly recommended by his friend Sari. And I kid you not people, the amount of CONVICTION that she had in her voice and on her FACE when she told me about this book, made me WANT to read it ASAP!
It's called "The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth: Husband-Coached Childbirth."
Did some of you moms just clench your legs and grit your teeth as a sign to say "YOU'RE NUTS!" ?
Perhaps you did and that's ok because yes... I am a little nuts. But that's what makes me speshul.
Anyway, hubby bought me this book and I immediately started to read it.
I would like to weigh all my options for what lies ahead and natural birth is something I'd really like to try and may be the best option for me anyway.
So far what I've been reading, is BLOWING MY MIND! Just reading about the facts of how laboring/birthing at home slowly turned into laboring/birthing at the hospital. It's fascinating!
The author as an excellent approach and I'm SO EXCITED to keep reading it! Perhaps I'll have a story like Sari did and be able to influence my friends as well.. or just even give a little feedback to something they may be curious about.
Oh and before the book, I get the mother's day card.
It says, "Happy Mother's Day, From Your Son"
Yup.
Dad is CONVINCED it's a boy so got me a card 'from our son' and it was 'him' thanking me for all the sour patch kids I eat.
I told him I'm bringing the card to the delivery room to show our DAUGHTER, about how her FATHER called her a boy.
On paper.
LOL!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty awesome book. I didn't even flinch when I read what it was about ;) You'll have to tell me more about it as you get further into it. What a very thoughtful first Mother's Day present! I love that he got you a card from a boy. I actually laughed out loud when I read it. :) I say he's right though. Can't wait to find out for reals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of that book! What convinced me to try to go natural was the movie The Business of Being Born...you may like that too! For what its worth, my natural birth was WAY better for me than my induction/epidural birth...so I don't think you're crazy.

    This is Kim, by the way : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome, lyss! i think it's incredibly smart to read up on this. i wish i had had a book to go to! i might want to read this one before i have another babe. i am so intrigued by the whole pregnancy/birth process ... just amazing. and from one mom to another, let me just tell you: if you want to have a natural childbirth, YOU CAN DO IT! and jeff can help. :) happy mama's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kimmers! Thanks for stoppin' by! I can't imagine how busy you are with your new little bundle of joy so knowing you stopped in to say hi is GREAT!
    Angie:I'm intrigued too by the whole process. It's amazing how much you learn when you dive into something you know nothing about. And then you just want to learn more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck, I could probably say I had natural childbirth since the epidural didn't do crap for my nether region! LOL! Feel the burn, that's for sure. I say you can do it, its probably getting thru those nasty contractions that are the hard part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. On your next blog, can you tell us what you learned? It takes me a year to read a book...I have 4 weeks left, not gonna happen for me! I'm so glad you celebrated Mothers Day together, you are a mama...a hot mama!!! :)

    ReplyDelete