Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scenes from FL

So we were down in FL recently, visiting Jeff's parents.
They have a very nice house down there, with a pool and hot tub, all enclosed within a huge screen so you don't have to worry about bugs or little gecko's trying to swim with you. Or alligators crawling into your pool and taking off your leg.
Nah. Just kidding about that last part. They go for your head.
Anyway...
The first morning we woke up, we immediately got LT dressed up in his swim gear to head out to the pool! Grandma and Grandpa bought him the cutest little Whale floatie that he loved! We were so happy he didn't cry when we set him in the water. I was expecting a little freak-out moment. Much like his first moments being put into the bathtub. He made little noises here and there that you could tell were associated with the feeling of the cooler water, but he adjusted quickly and was so amused at the water he was sitting in, that he kept looking down. And probably wondered, "Where the heck did my legs go?"






*

On Friday, we went to a Spring Training game for the Twins! I don't care for baseball all that much but being outside watching one is SO much better! (I have yet to get to the new field in Minneapolis, but I bet it's just as cool!)

So there we have it - LT attends his first sporting event!
I loved the smells there: The grills from the hotdogs, the fresh air and heck, even the smell of Jeff's beer. I immediately found myself day-dreaming about summer! I cannot WAIT for those days of sitting outside, grilling and getting lost in the serenity of the blue sky! ugh!
(SUMMER - GET HERE ALREADY!)
*
We then spent a couple days on Sanibel Island. Despite napping for the first hour or so...:


*
He enjoyed the sunshine, sand and water too:



We tried to get LT as close to the water as we could just so when a wave came, it'd barely get his little toes! He would constantly try to sit down so he could touch the sand, but it's such a fine sand on that beach that it never would have come off his hands before reaching his mouth!
*
On the second to last day we were down there, we went to a nearby park and of course mommy saw a bridge and photo opportunity so I had dad take him out of the stroller and stand him up! Also to show off the Twins onesie he had on. I bought 3 and dang it - he was going to wear them if we were at a game or not! ha!

3 comments:

  1. soooo cute, lyss! he is just a little ham! i'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful escape to florida. i read your thank-you post to your in-laws, too, and it warmed my heart. :) what a lovely family you all have!
    welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip for you and your family. I am so happy little Leighton was able to enjoy the water. I also read your letter to Jeff's parents and it appears you two were able to have a date night while you were there. How fun! Thanks for sharing your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! Your vacation looks like a completley charmed and magical time! How fun for you all. LT is a lucky little guy to have such doting grandparents. I'm glad you guys all got to enjoy your warm getaway. xo

    ReplyDelete