Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recent Stats

I'm a procrastinator. We all know that. And it's exactly the reason I crack up when I call to make LT's check ups. For example, the 6 month check up call sounded like this:
Scheduler: Hello! How can I help you?
Me: I'd like to make a 6 month appointment.
Scheduler: Ok, and when will he be 6 months?
Me: A month ago.
*
LOL!
Yup (sigh) that's me. Ms. Punctual.
Sir Leighton, hasn't gained much weight in the last few months. He's still hovering around 19 lbs, 12 oz and 28 1/2 inches. His Doctor kept calling him, Big L. Then he goes, "Now lets see if you really ARE a giant." as he turned to his computer to punch in LT's stats.
Doctor then says, "YUP! Just as I thought - you ARE a Giant!" Out of 100 boys, he said, Leighton's taller than 85 of them.
Doc said there's nothing to worry about in terms of his weight not really changing. He mentioned we could start giving him pureed foods ('cuz he's a big boy!).
I really liked this doctor. I usually just get in with whoever's available and this one, I think he wins.
He's the only doc (out of about 4 of them that we've seen), that has actually HELD Leighton, put him up in the air a little bit to mimic the 'airplane' and then would bounce him around a little on his hip. I loved seeing that. And after the shots (which Leighton didn't really care for), the doctor immediately picked him up and put Leighton's face to his and was telling him it was OK and then handed him to me.
Now THAT I have NOT SEEN.
The other docs barely touch him unless they're poking or prodding him.
I believe we'll be going back to this doctor.
Especially 'cuz he gave LT a new nickname:
"Big L"
So cute!

1 comment:

  1. That is cute, "Big L." I'm the same way with my cats. I prefer vets who take the time to hold my cats, pet them and make them comfortable. I've been to a few that barely even want to touch them and then they wonder why they act up. I'm happy to hear you have found a good doctor. Hold onto him!

    ReplyDelete