Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's Extremely Erp-tastic!

Sir Leighton is now Sir Erper (according to a little gal at daycare). She tells me, "He's got a friend that doesn't erp." I asked, "Oh really? Who's that?" She goes, "ME!" (she's about 5 years old). Then she proceeded to comment, "He smells - - -like throw up." Yes, I know little girl. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Thank you for telling me I got the stinky kid in class.

*

LT spits up a lot sometimes. Even to the point where you think you're over-feeding him. Which we don't! (I swear that kid would eat all day if I let him.) I can feed him an 8 oz bottle and lay him back down to sleep and he's just fine. And then you can feed him the same amount and then sit him down to play a little and within about 20 minutes, he's spitting up. Even if he's not jostled around. Is getting excited about a toy, enough to trigger the barf reflex? This is the exact reason why the kid wears a bib all day every day. So it's very important that we have a million of them 'cuz you know - - ya gotta match the outfit. Oh and what's with this word, "erp?" I've never heard that term until bringing LT to daycare. Is 'spitup' out-dated?

*

Anyway, Jeff calls me this morning to tell me grandma came over with some new toys. One of which was a little toy piano that LT just lit up about and was having so much fun slamming down on the keys. And then he erped. All over it. Slowly the sounds of the keys deteriorated and became morphed and muffled as if Johnny 5 were being disassembled. Well - - - so much for THAT toy! LOL! Grandma and Jeff just laughed 'cuz they both should have known better than to give LT electronics within 30 minutes of eating. It's kinda like the swimming and eating rule. The same applies to LT and electronic toys.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Olivia used to spit up on her little electronic play table thing all the time. I actually just put new batteries in it and I noticed that I didn't quite get all the spit up cleaned off of it. So there was dried orange which was carrots. And some milk colored crust. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he's a "cute erper", right? :) Both of my boys had this issue too, which is why they always had a cloth diaper nearby (used to wipe them up). The name for this item that was always near became "erv rag". Weird huh? Erp, erv, spit up, whatever you call it. I'm just glad that stage passes in time. Can you imagine having this issue as an adult? Hahaha! Ewwww....

    ReplyDelete