I'll post more about LT's first plane ride to Florida later, but for now, I want to write a ginormous Thank You to my in-laws.
Dear D & D:
Thank you so very VERY much for the wonderful time we had at your place! The food, the toys you purchased for LT, the pack'n'play for him to sleep in, the stroller - - everything was just PERFECT for LT's first vacation to visit grandma and grandpa. I can still see his big smile as he floated around the pool and how he'd giggle and laugh while sitting in the sand at the beach. Thank you for always wanting to take care of him and helping out when we needed you. Thank you for taking on the challenge of feeding LT as he would start to blow raspberries and thus, spray his food everywhere. And grandpa - thank you for not puking when LT decided to puke on you. Rumor has it that you don't handle spit-up well at all. So I would think you've shown improvement over the years! Thank you for the trips to the beach and for the date night Jeff and I were able to go on. We were both impressed that we could eat dinner and make it through a movie. At home, we've been known to just go back home after dinner because we can't stay awake! Thank you for letting us sleep in too. It was quite the treat to be able to sleep in until 8/9. Thank you grandpa for taking my sick-self to the doctor and for racing back to the house because I forgot my license. I appreciate the fact you offered to take me even if it meant you were losing 3 hours of a day. I'm feeling awesome because you took the time to find a clinic and bring me. My nose also thanks you! Grandma - thank you for being such a great grandmother in always thinking of LT first and being patient with me as I did my best to let go of my parenting so you could spoil him.
Grandma, it was hard to leave the car knowing you were staying with the car and not able to walk in with us to the gate. And Grandpa, it was hard for me not to cry as I watched you walk away after bringing us to the gate. I know it meant the world to you both to have us down, especially with LT. I know it was probably a very sweet escape from "the real world" to have us down there, as Jeff and I felt this way. I only wish we could have stayed longer. I'll have the visions in my head as I watched you both cuddle with Leighton and kiss his head a million times. I can only imagine this is how it was with your own kids. I only wish Jeff and I could have given you more time to spend with your grandson.
I know LT had a wonderful time with you both and we'll have to Skype soon!
So thank you again.
For everything.
It was a perfect first vacation with our son and it couldn't have been better in any other way
*
Love,
Us
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dude! You skype?! We should do that so the babes can see each other.
ReplyDeleteAwww...what a sweet letter. You made me cry. (may be the preggo hormones taking over, but still it was sweet.) Sounds like LT has some pretty awesome grandparents. Glad you enjoyed your trip.
ReplyDelete