Friday night, I was by myself as the hubby was out celebrating a friend's birthday. I didn't quite feel up for the 'downtown' crowd. I'd not only feel old... I'd feel... well.. fat. HA! And the weather wasn't too nice so I wanted to stay home and get some other things done.
We had a delivery come on Friday and lately it's a fiasco trying to get something into the house from the porch because the cats are RIGHT THERE waiting to get out.
(We have a very dried up and dead catnip plant out front and apparently it's still good because Razz took a bite of it before and it had the same affect as the fresh stuff!)
So..it's a battle whenever the door opens because he knows it's out there.
I quickly pulled in our boxes and fended off kitties.
Went upstairs to dwell in the bedroom cleaning a bit, talked on the phone for about 30 minutes, then decided to dive into the craft room and get some cards done.
All the while, every time I would step out of the room, there was Whiskey. Whining and crying constantly. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. He had food, water and already had his treats. I just ignored him and went back to crafting.
Came out of the room again to get something and noticed still - just Whiskey. I asked where his brother was (some day he might answer me) and then it hit me. I hadn't seen Razz since I walked in the door from work. So I went frantically throughout the house calling for Razz. Nothing. Whiskey was right by my side looking too. Then he motioned me to go downstairs.
I went downstairs and searched around too. Nothing. Not in any rooms, closets, bathrooms, nothing! I REALLY started to panic!!!!
I ran upstairs and put some normal pants on (was wearing my pj's) and took the gamble that perhaps Razz got out somehow!!
I was near tears and went outside (while Whiskey propped himself up in the door to look out the window with me) and called out for Razz.
I heard a little meow but wasn't sure if it was Whiskey or what.
So said his name again.
I heard him!!!!
Peeked around the corner and there he was on my neighbor's big ol' nest chair out front!
MY BABY RAZZ!!!!!!!!!!
I FELT TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!
He stood up and came right to me so I could hold him!
I felt so bad!!! The weather was NOT NICE either! Poor kitty!!!!
I brought him inside where Whiskey proceeded to smell him and hiss and poof up his tail (Razz probably smelled like the neighbor's dogs). So then I felt more terrible because now his brother hated him!!!!!! LOL!
BUT... after the 2 hour excursion outside and a couple hours indoors, they were buds again.
Man....
Talk about stress! I would have never forgiven myself if I didn't find him!
Wow, what a story! Makes me feel bad about how much I don't love my 2 cats like you do! If 1 were missing I'd be like "1 down, 1 to go!" haha. I know, I'm terrible! After having them for so many years then getting a dog that is so much better, my dog does not poop outside the litter box like the cats, can't stand that! And who purs in your ear before the alarm goes off?? ....after baby the cats will be chopped liver!! :)Thanks for loving your cats so much, you are a fabulous mama! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'd say it's comparable to motherhood. (because I am an expert!) I would feel horrible if I lost my pup for awhile.
ReplyDeleteYou sure love your kitties! Wow. Did your heart sink and did you want to throw up a little while your adrenaline kicked in and made your face flush with fear and dread? Then it might be a little like motherhood. :)
ReplyDelete