Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Getting Active

Last night I had a dream where I was sitting on a couch, watching TV and baby P was kicking up a storm. And they were HARD kicks too! Or I suppose they could have been punches. (With the doc saying baby has long arms and legs, I guess it could be any limb poking me!)
So I was sitting there thinking, my gosh this can't be normal! I remember counting in between kicks/punches and they were evenly timed and I thought, oh no, something's wrong! And I was just sitting there feeling it and knowing that I didn't like how it felt and I started to panic.
Then I woke up.
And also woke up to the feeling of baby P punching/kicking in that same spot! It's always on the right, not ever really on the left side of my tummy. So I laid up last night and felt a couple of good jabs and I thought, I wonder if baby P was active for a while if I was starting to dream about it? How funny!
What's even more fun is hubby had just asked me if the movement wakes me up at night and I told him no. It's not usually that prominent.
Well........ perhaps I stand corrected!

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I bet that's exactly what happened. Little silly babe :) Must be trying to prep Mommy for some groggy nighttime fun in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! your baby wants to play! that is just the sweetest thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I wonder if baby can hear my cat Razz purr. He's made it a habit to come under the covers and lay on my belly (part way) for about 15 minutes when we lay down to go to sleep. Maybe baby wants to play with kitty? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! I get kicked on my right side too! I tell you, our babies ARE both girls and they are even laying the same way!! :) I always thought I could feel so much, the longer you get the harder the kicks get. WEIRD! Do you feel like it's an alien?? I do! :) Enjoy the fun movements!!

    ReplyDelete