Thursday, April 15, 2010

Boy or Girl?

I can't say I'm too positive on what I THINK we're having, but I will admit that it's really hard for me to picture a girl. No clue why. It just is. I just have that "motherly" feeling it's a boy. However I'm trying to think 'even,' so I don't get too set on one, and then go into total shock when 'they' say it's the other.
So the other day when I was poking around the net, I found this "Boy or Girl?" quiz by Parents.com
I thought - oh what the heck! Lets just see what it says for humor's sake.
I go through answering the 10 questions which consisted of "are you carrying high or low... do you find yourself craving more sugar... do you feel off balanced... etc etc"
I get done and it says, "We are calculating your results!"
Great! Can't wait to see what this thing says.....
Results: It's too close to tell. It could be a BOY or a GIRL!
*
(silence)
*
Really?
I mean REALLY????? You mean to tell me I could be having a boy OR a girl? NO WAY!!!!!!!!
Whew! That was a close one. Thanks Parents.com! I now know what I'm NOT having. An alien or an animal.
Thanks for clearing that up.
*
On the other hand.........
Hubby calls me this morning and tells me about his strangely real dream he had.
He was cleaning up a VERY MESSY diaper made by our baby GIRL!
(Kristi -I bet you're smiling aren't you?)
Could dad have the better instinct than mom? Do dreams REALLY try to tell you what you're having? Every dream I have about a baby, I can never tell if it's male or female - so I'm no help.
Only 20 or so more weeks and then the TRUTH shall be revealed.
*
Has anyone else had that motherly instinct? Were you right?

8 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! Bummer about parents.com not helping. Have you tried the chinese calendar yet?

    I was wrong with Ty until the day I went into labor. E&A we were basically right about - mostly because of a hint that our ultrasonagrapher had given us. With Annabelle... I don't remember if I had an inkling during pregnancy but as we were leaving in the van to go to the hospital I knew we were coming home with a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah!!! That's so sweet Beanie! And I think the Chinese Calendar had said that if we conceived between Sept and Dec of 2009, it'd be a boy. But then Jeff said he didn't want his baby to come out Chinese. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that instinct and knew I was having boys both times, even though EVERYONE around me was sure they were girls! Many friends and relatives even gave baby girl gifts at baby showers, too funny! Surprise! All boys at the Kreutter house - well, except for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jeff has a very valid point. LOL. But, the confusion would be hilarious if nothing else :) FWIW, my vote is boy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is boy for you too! In my dreams I'm visiting a super cute little chinese baby boy! Hahaha! :)

    Jeff, you're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gaul, i still cannot get over how lame that quiz is/was! stupid heads.
    jolene--i didn't know you had a hint with e & a! oh my gosh, those cheaters!!!!
    with q, i was 97% sure i was having a boy the entire pregnancy, save for about a week and a half after my ultrasound because he was so chill and had a very high heart rate during it. but that was it! otherwise i thought boy. even when he was born, and the midwife and dave were saying "look what you had! look what you had!" i was like "well yeah, i knew he was a boy."
    hehe. so my point is, i say listen to your instincts, but don't plan on it. :) nice, huh?
    p.s. my word verification is "Sallysha" .... possible girl name for ya??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking boy too. Not sure how a girl would feel about being named Jackpot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a GIRL!!! I just know it! Baby T will let her borrow some of her cute dresses!! :)
    All our wives tale signs said boy...probably the reason I cried when at the ultrasounds they said girl! My 3 dreams about baby's were all girls though!! :)

    ReplyDelete