Monday, August 9, 2010

Special Delivery This Week?

Over the weekend, I developed some steady Braxton-Hick contractions. They were more steady Saturday night on our way home from a party down in Savage. Had a couple of shooting pains and thought 'whoa! what the heck was that!?' So got home, convinced baby may be making an appearance so while I was getting ready for bed and getting comfy so I could really tell when I was having the contractions, Jeff was out installing the car seat at 2am. And as you can tell, baby didn't come BUT we're ready now! LOL!
Brax-Hic contractions were about every 3-4 minutes though so I barely slept not knowing what to expect. But since I wasn't in pain, I didn't want to call or go in. Yet this morning, I woke up and thought the ol' water was leaking. So went in as the doc wanted to be sure one way or the other. Wasn't water. (but nurse didn't say it was pee either. probably wanted to save me from any embarrassment???) As I sat hooked up to the machine that was registering contractions, nurse kept asking if I was feeling them but I couldn't really - besides tightening.
But then about 20 minutes into it, I had a LOVELY shooting groin pain down my left leg. Ah yes... I'm going to be a lucky one that feels labor pains in my thigh. Perhaps it'll wear off and go more "central." ha! We'll see!
But I was 'released' from the nurse as she said I was tolerating the contractions well and I wasn't dilated any further than last week. So now here I sit back at work.
*
My mother-in-law brought up a fun thing: If baby were born today, birth date would be 8-9-10. How convenient for remembering! (for others of course) hee hee!
*
but for now....
THE SUSPENSE BUILDS!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. YES! come on, baby jackpot! lyss, maybe you could do some jumping jacks or something? i'm liking your mother-in-law's idea of 8.9.10. i'd really appreciate if you could make it happen. :) good luck! any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck lady! Hope everything goes smoothly when Jackpot does decide to make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete