Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WELL HELLO!

It’s amazing I even remembered how to log into my blog. (That’s a lie, I don’t have to do much since I’m on gmail every day) I haven’t blogged in about a year. Leighton is now attending school and Jeff and I are expecting our 3rd. LOL! Ok ok – I lied again. It SEEMS it’s been a year. Let’s see, my last post was when Leighton decided to poke out my eye. He did it again in February too. Except he hit the left side of the same eye but I went to the doctor right away and turns out he ‘disrupted’ the original injury and it had ‘lifted’ again. Had to start back on my antibiotics and steroid drops. Ugh. And as of today, eye is doing good and we’re going on 1 ½ months without a poke. (I close my eyes A LOT around LT.) And apart from injuries (and the hot glue burn I got last night which left me a lovely blister on my finger), we’ve moved!!! The townhome was getting very very small all of a sudden and with the cats fighting about twice a month, causing Leighton to break out in hysterics, we decided it was just another reason to find a bigger place. We looked at about 6 houses. We only had so many to pick from because we wanted to stay in the area to be close to daycare, not too far for mom (who watches LT a couple days a week) and our church. But we found (we believe) the PERFECT house for us! It’s on a cul-de-sac filled with kids! 10 to be exact. Even the little 20-month-old next door is name Alyssa. HA! The house is double the size of our townhome! We have so much room now – it’s a beautiful thing! I even have a little room for my photography studio! However I find myself doing photography sessions also in the living room where we have a big window that lets in the most beautiful natural light! We’re enjoying the house and yard VERY much and LT has never ran inside so much J The cats are also loving it. They’re not sure what to do with all the room either. They adjusted quickly and I think they’re loving the space to run from each other. Oh and we decided to rent the townhome (couldn’t possibly sell). New tenants move in at the end of the month. We’re psyched! They’re going to love the townhome (we hope).I still love it. It was my first place and I loved everything about it….. until I had a family and we out-grew it. And now, for your viewing pleasure…






 Even the cats have a little freedom on the deck!

Proud dad with his fire pit! And of course, Leighton blowing bubbles. As always.

6 comments:

  1. oh my GOSH!!! congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL new home! i am so happy for you guys! what a relief to feel you have space to live and be all together. and that yard??? wow, just awesome.
    also, WELCOME BACK! i've missed you so much! i thought maybe you'd been forced to patch your eye and couldn't see the computer screen because of it. pirate-style. arrrrr.
    so glad you're here again. :) thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, WOO HOO, YIPPEE SKIPPY!! You blogged again, I was begginning to worry about you! :) I love your new house, congrats again!
    -Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You blogged!! Maybe it will inspire me to do the same?! We will see... Love the new house. So happy for you guys! I am also glad you stayed in the area. Us East-siders gotta stick together! So fun that you have so many kiddos in your neighborhood. I am sure LT will love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! Love the pics of the house. Love that you had a place for your craft. Love that there's plenty of room to run. I can't wait to see it in person!!! Looks like your backyard might be as fabulous as the rest of it, too. Is there a pond back there? I'm so happy for your family - the new place definitely looks like HOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, congrats!!! Everything looks so spectacular. I hope your eye continues to be "unpoked" for a very long time. Looking forward to hearing more new stories of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! My next door neighbor's name is Jackie and her granddaughter's name is Olivia! Did Jeff get a new ride?! Fauncy!

    ReplyDelete