Wow! Really? It's been a week since I've last blogged. What a crime! And here I am, harassing friends that they haven't blogged. Sheese..... the nerve.
Well I have an excuse. We've been without a computer for just under a week so I haven't been able to load pictures or blog (while at home, since you know, I usually blog at work and it's not exactly "appropriate?") The last couple weeks have been completely insane and as always, a circus. My friend Kelli stated the other day that when she looks at my posts, she often reads them with the Benny Hill theme song playing in the back of her mind. I'd have to say that's pretty accurate.
Another few "firsts" for Leighton occurred: Last Friday I took half a day and brought him to the zoo with some friends. Despite the HOT sticky afternoon, it was still a great time and he enjoyed the animals. The ones that moved anyway. Pretty sure most of the time he looked at me like, "what on EARTH am I looking at mom? You keep pointing and I see nothing. What's this cruel game you play?" But then he definitely noticed the monkeys as they wouldn't hold still! I have some cute pictures, but you know me and my dedicated picture-posting. Maybe you'll see some. I ain't promising anything because I stink at it. BUT, I shall do my best (now that we have a functioning computer again - thanks Jason!) And might I add, the monkeys freaked me out. So did the lemur lookin' things and I couldn't help but walk through the zoo and feel so TERRIBLE for some of the animals. I mean come'on - - a Polar bear? In 85 degree heat? and penguins? My goodness, we should just take some fish and throat them out on some rocks for a display of aquatic life and call it a day.
Anyway - I know kids love the zoo and long LIVE free entertainment, right?
Leighton also had his first boat ride on Saturday. My cousin's invited us out to float around with them. Leighton did NOT, however, care for the life jacket. We'll have to work on that. Make him wear it around the house or something. But he loved looking at the water. Didn't like going IN the water (just his feet of course). Too cold for the little lad yet.
So with 4-5 hours at the zoo on Friday, 4-5 hours on the boat Saturday, come Sunday, he was a tired boy and in bed by 6:20pm and slept until 6:30am the next morning. It was an extremely busy weekend but man.... SO FUN!
All of LT's firsts are GREAT! I bet he loves all the special treats he just experienced. Sounds like you all had a great time enjoying your adventures. Yahoo!
ReplyDeleteLOL! That's exactly how Olivia was when we took her to the zoo. She didn't really understand what the heck she was supposed to be looking at if it wasn't moving. Ha! The polar bear at the KC zoo was so fun! He would swim back and forth and there's a little part where everyone can see his pool under the water. He was definitely showing off and Olivia LOVED it! She cracked up at the elephants too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend!! He's a lucky little boy - and I'm sure he's going to get all kinds of practice doing animal watching - he'll have it all figured out in no time. Looking forward to seeing those shots, dear.
ReplyDeleteThe zoo was fun, but yes, I felt bad for the animals. At least none of them were shot for wandering out of their pens! (I'm referring to the Grey Mexican Wolf that was shot after escaping it's pen at the MN Zoo).
ReplyDeleteNone the less, it was a fun day!