Leighton has proved to be one of the 7 Dwarfs since Monday.
We've had Leighton on an eating schedule of 5,8,11, and 2. (give or take a half hour)
He's done GREAT with it!
At about 8 weeks, he was sleeping through the night as I stopped waking him up at 2/2:30 to eat. It took a couple nights before he'd sleep through until 5am, but he made it! And having him up at 5 was perfect as that's the time I needed to feed him before I took him to my moms.
But we were ALSO, during this time, having him fall asleep around 7 or 8pm and then we would wake him around 10:30/11pm to eat for the last time.
We heard the other day that by 13/14 weeks, babies get enough calories throughout the day to get them through a 12-hour night - so don't wake the babe anymore at 10:30pm and see what happens.
So we tried it Monday night.
It worked! We put him down around 8pm and he slept until 5am!
Every night this week has been going great with this! Which now means daddy can get to bed a little earlier too. (He had been staying up to feed Leighton at 10:30pm so I could go to bed around 9 or 9:30. #1 DAD!)
Now he can come to bed earlier as well.
Leighton is definitely proving to be like Sleepy.
And it's a beautiful thing!
i'm not sure what i feel more of--jealousy (q didn't sleep that long until he was about 9 months!) or excitement (SO AWESOME for you three!!!!!). way to go, mama. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I hope things continue to go well. Glad I'm not the only one who hits the hay before 10 PM - I thought I was just getting old!
ReplyDelete