Monday, December 20, 2010

Gettin' No-where

Jeff dropped off LT this morning at daycare and told me about a conversation he had with a 4 year old.
Jeff: "Are you all ready for Christmas and waiting for Santa!?"
Little Girl: "um......" (daycare lady breaks in and whispers to Jeff, "they don't celebrate Christmas")
Jeff re-gathers himself and then says: "Oh ok... um.. how bout snow forts! Have you been outside playing in the snow?"
Little Girl: "Yup! Building snow forts outside at home, but my hips were too big so I couldn't fit through the tunnel I made. And then I asked my dad if he could measure my hips so I could make it bigger. But my dad said no."
Jeff: "Ummm. ok. How about sledding? Have you gone sledding yet?"
Little Girl: "I asked my dad but he said no but in 10 days I could. He doesn't know but I've been counting and it's day 10 and he still said no."
*
It's a tough morning so far for Jeff.............

4 comments:

  1. Talk about a rough conversation! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right!? I kinda feel bad for the kid! (the little girl - not Jeff. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what kinds of things my kids "tattle" on me about for forgetting. Man - that was a whole lot of awkwardness is a very short time. Glad you made it through, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete