Is it INCREDIBLY bad that I just realized I'm wearing a pair of jeans that Leighton pooped on? And is it bad that you can still kinda SEE where the poop was because I think I forgot to wash them??
*
I remember it well....
We were sitting on the couch, Leighton on my lap
When up from his bottom, came a little clap.
I decided to lift him up, to smell what may be
Is it a lil package of poo, made just for me?
Nope just a toot, no evidence of soil
But the poo was sure to follow, to the fart it's quite loyal.
As Sir Leighton sat so still, I waited patiently
For the sound of his creation, and it's color was green.
I again lifted him up, his back no longer clean
and neither was my lap, it went through to my jeans.
I remember rising quickly, so I could focus on his diaper,
"Holy Crap," I thought,"This is a 5 wiper!"
I must have never thought to myself, "put your jeans in the wash!"
And now I'm wearing them at work, they're not lookin' too posh.
I'm assuming this is normal, the teasing I can take,
Gimme a break cruel world, I'm a new mom for cripes sake!
Friday, November 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please, for our sake, whenever Sarah and I visit you, or you visit us: please check yourself for poop.
ReplyDeleteAnd no, this isn't the first time I had thought about mentioning this, just seemed like the opportune time.
BAH HA!!! I'll let you know when I stop laughing - not so much at your circumstance but how perfectly you "poemed" it :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteHILARIOUS. you are quite good in the way of prose, lyss. i love it! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. i had quinn on the toilet this morning and his *ahem* is just a little too tiny to be blocked by the potty shield, which is why i came into work this morning with q pee all over my right jean leg.
i SO relate.