Ever since about 3 weeks into my pregnancy, my nails have been absolute crap.
I've always been blessed to have nice nails that hardly ever break - especially after starting to drink Monavie. I think they got a lot stronger? I dunno - my stepmom once told me that you can tell a lot about a person's nutrition by looking at their nails. I thought that was interesting?
But so yeah, baby was suckin' up all my nutrients in the beginning and leaving me with brittle nails. I wanted to CRY when they first started to all break and then of course every time I think they're getting stronger, I do something little and they chip or snap. UGH! It was very depressing for me (probably something I shouldn't admit).
HOWEVER...
This weekend I noticed that my nails are actually GROWING back! I have white at the tops! White! And after scrapbooking all weekend and lugging big bags around (stay tuned to my other blog for a story about the weekend), they're STILL semi-long and didn't have any breaks!
I couldn't help but just stare at them last night :)
It's SO NICE to have them back!
Now I can actually scratch my back and get some relief!
Wow - that's strange. My nails grew beautifully in the first weeks. Must have been my prenatal vitamin, because usually my nails are crap. I've had nice nails this whole pregnancy so far. And great hair! I love these prenatal vitamins - I may take them forever!
ReplyDeleteI've never had good nails...so just be glad they aren't always crap! :) I think Andy might get scared if I start taking prenatal vitamins though...
ReplyDeleteHA!, Crystal. Hilarious! You should tell him, "well I just wanna be on the ball. You know, just in case we decide to start trying." LOL!
ReplyDeleteKel: Perhaps! My flinstones were said to be sufficient at my last appointment. Perhaps Flintstones aren't made to help strengthen nails - since Flintstones are directed at children? It'd only allow the kids to scratch you better. LOL!
ReplyDeleteHmm - I thought I posted a comment on this yesterday but it is not here. Oh well. I <3 Flinestones too. I used them with my last two pregnancies and it was SO nice to not feel sick. The prenats always gave me a terrible stomachache no matter when I took them :( Glad you found something that works for you. Pat little Poo for me, please :)
ReplyDeleteFlintstones + MonaVie = Lucky Baby Jackpot! Just for my own curiosity, do you take a folic acid supplement too, or is that also "covered" by the juice? :)
ReplyDeleteAlyssa, you're already a great Mommy!
Yup: Folic Acid + DHA. Made sure to have that one covered no matter what :)
ReplyDelete