We all just returned from a family reunion up north, where 65 of the family members were in attendance! We were probably missing around 10 people still, but we had a great turn out! LT, once again, enjoyed playing in the sand and playing with all the other millions of kids running around. It's amazing how fast a family can grow in just a few years. My mom's side of the family pretty much functions by the theory of "just add water." Kinda like the Gizmo's of the world.
I think LT spoke for all of us when he went to bed the other night at 7:30 and didn't wake up until 9am. It's nice to be back in your own bed! But why can't he do this on a weekend? ha ha! Jeff mostly gets up with LT on the weekends but I still wake up when everyone else does. It's just that I get to go back to bed, but it's never that easy because then I feel guilty 'sleeping in,' when I could be downstairs playing. Anyway, I'll save my whining for later... In other news, LT is turning the big 1 in a couple weeks. The party is in planning process and things are movin' along! My friend Kelli is helping to pull the design together. She has a biz of Printable Party Coordinates called Fancy That Studio - check it out! She does some super cool stuff!
In terms of the 'smash cake,' I can't help but wonder what LT will do with a cake in front of him. He's only had a few bites of cake before, and he's loved it. So not sure if he'll be the type to dig in or carefully grab because the 'servings' will be at his own discretion. Right now, I'm gonna go with, DIG! I can see him getting excited and mauling the cake. Whether he'll actually eat it, is another thing. I can just see him grabbing it and tearing it apart. Ha ha! Only a few weeks until the results are in!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment