Monday, July 25, 2011

He Walks!

Sir Leighton decided to take a couple steps the other day! Thursday, July 21st, I come home to a happy babe and as I sit down with him and grandma (and my niece) to get a recap of the day, he stands up and just smiles at me. I back up a little bit and tell him to get mom! He took 2 steps and then fell into me and just giggled!!!! Meanwhile, my niece (who's 3) is taking random pictures with grandma's old camera. And she was taking about 5 pictures every 20 seconds. Well...... she captured it! I look like a complete dork but it's about the moment right? So I'm forced to share the pictures as it's a milestone for LT. (However not a milestone for me for being a dork. That's been going on for years)

4 comments:

  1. ahhh, YAY!!! what a big boy! that is so awesome that you got it on camera. what are the odds??? so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job little LT!! And nice shootin' Ava!
    Does he have little curls in the back of his hair?? How cute is that!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! I happened to be recording Gwen when she took her first steps! You can hear me start to freak out off camera when she does it. It was on her 1st bday too! Isn't it amazing! Wait till the day he starts really moving on his own. Watching their amazement as they realize they aren't going to fall down is so cool! Gwen officially starting walking exactly 1 month from those first steps. Look out Kitties! You're in for it now! :) Congrats LT on this awesome milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH, this is so cute! Tell Mr Leighton we said congrats on his first steps! Wow, he's getting so big! I love that Ava captured the excitement, on your face especially Alyssa - it's so sweet! I also love that the TV was captured by accident in the background, and it's on a kid friendly channel. It would have wrecked the photo if CSI or Criminal Minds (or whatever) was on at that moment. Haha!

    Love you guys! :)
    -Missy and boys
    PS: Jimmy says "LOOK AT THAT SWEET VACUUM!" He thinks we should park our vacuum by the TV too, so it will always be ready! It cracks me up because I was telling both boys how LT took some first steps, and here's a couple of pictures. Andy says, "Wow he's so big and he has a cute baby smile too!", Jimmy says absolutely zippo about LT, he's more interested in your vacuum. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete