Wednesday, July 20, 2011

11 months - what the?

11 Months? Seriously? It's been this long already? How does time DO THAT!? I'm planning my son's 1st birthday party. This is just too weird. Especially with tonight being the night that I'm going down to a friend's house to work on a 'scrapbook' with LT's pictures. I'm going to be reminiscing in the younger months and remembering when I first heard him attempt to talk/coo and how he would always be all bundled up in his swaddle like a little pea pod. And now look at him. Standing up, walking from item to item, no OFFICIAL walking yet though. He's a dancing maniac whenever he hears music, makes the cutest scrunchy faces I've ever seen. He's definitely a character like mom and dad. And when you have something he wants (in particular - food), he makes his 'cheesy' face 'cuz he wants it! He has apparently caught onto the act of being cute and how it can get him what he wants. Sometimes. Still has a curiosity of tasting rocks, grass, sticks, anything outside really. He already has friends asking to play with him. i.e. our neighbor Andy (he's about 34). He knocked on our door yesterday and asked, "Can Leighton play?" HA! So outside we went to play. Andy's wife is due any day now. So is my friend Angie and my friend Crystal just had hers. There are babies everywhere! LT shall have many-a-little-friends :)

We've been keeping busy at home. LT continues to love bath time but has lately developed a bigger love in trying to stand up in the tub and bend over the side so he can blow raspberries. He continues to make us laugh and torment the kitties. He ALMOST says kitty. We swear he tries to say it.

**sigh**

If the cats ONLY understood how much LT loves them, they'd embrace the slobbery hands he has to offer and think of it as a fur removal process....

2 comments:

  1. Oh time - how do you move so quickly (and yet slowly some days!)? What a cute post. Your little baby is going to be a little BOY in no time! I can't wait to hear all about his little mischievious adventures. (The geek in me is patting my own back for spelling mischievious right on my first try! Wow! Hey-I already admitted I was a geek :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I laughed out loud when I read his interest of tasting rocks and sticks. What mother allows her son to taste sticks? HAhaha, jk! I guess it's better now than later, right? :)

    ReplyDelete