Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Many-a-Milestone!

Leighton crawled!
Well, not much but he did it!
We were about to leave my moms and I was taking things out to the car. Leighton didn't like that my mom and I were both by the door, away from him.
He was fussing and leaned forward, got onto his hands and knees and took a couple little scoots! I'm so happy I saw it! I feel like I miss a lot when the main care-takers are Grandma and Daycare. He didn't do it again though - was a one time thing I guess.
At home, he was on all fours but wouldn't quite move. He's getting to be an expert at pushing himself back into the seated position though. And then of course he locates the nearest taller toy and pulls himself up on it. He does the cutest little scrunchy face now while breathing in and out of his nose as if to snort. It's hilarious! He's also a little jabber box! Talks talks talks! I love it, it's so cute! He's also been clicking/snapping his tongue - I always do this at him and he just laughs and looks at me like, "HOW are you DOING that?" Well, I believe he's caught on!
My little Sir Leighton is changing so fast.
He's also been clapping. And even if his one hand is sometimes in a fist, he's still got the motion down. It's either that or daycare's been teaching him sign language and Leighton's thinkin'," What's the problem here! I'm talking to my mom and she hasn't a CLUE!" Probably not though.
He's even starting to sound like he's REALLY saying 'mama!' I'm torn at when you write down that "first word" thing. Do you wait until you KNOW that's what they're saying and they're MEANING to say it? Or do you write it down when you can hear 'mama' or 'dada' while they're mumbling to themselves? Jeff and I were sitting on the floor last night so Leighton was in the middle. He turned around and tried to come towards me and in the process goes, "mama ma ma....." So that would count as KNOWING who mama is and SAYING it, right?
*sigh*
Leighton's such a squeezable little munchkin! I feel like he's doing new things all the time - I can't keep up with the cuteness!!

2 comments:

  1. ahahhaha!!!! I love it. He is growing up so fast. All of those milestones are so memorable. Great job, LT! Thanks for all the awesome updates. I really enjoy hearing about them. Keep up the good parenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is growing like crazy! unbelievable. he'll be running laps and chasing kitties before you know it, huh? and you know, i'd take the "mama" mumblings as a word. he had to learn it SOMEwhere ... :)

    ReplyDelete