Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Traveler

This past weekend, my mom, Jeff, Leighton and I made the trek up to Grand Forks to visit my grandma who had not yet, met Sir Leighton.

We left Friday morning.

Leighton did VERY WELL in the car ride up! (and back)

He accepted the fact he was welded to the carseat until we arrived at our destination. We had plenty of toys to occupy his time with, as well as giving him little Puffs and yogurt bites. (I swear he'd eat all day if I let him.) He's like his mom.

The only time he fussed was when he was tired and tried to fight the 100 lb eyelids he had. He woke up just in time as we pulled into Grandma's garage. (We get prime parking.)

He smiled at great-grandma all weekend and was the happy little ham he usually is.

He also proved he could hang onto one of his 'tray-like' toys and pull himself up into the standing position from sitting. (hmm... more advancements...the timeline just got shorter)

He wanted to walk everywhere in great-grandma's house. He also took an interest in the container full of Easter treats. Had to be sure to steer him away from the tables (and besides, the candy is for mommy only).

He's been going to bed later (around 7:30/8pm) which is nice, as he'll then sleep in until 7/7:30am. I think from all the commotion and meeting about 10 of my relatives, Sir Leighton was pretty wound up all weekend.

We played a LOT of cards. It's required that when you go to grandma's, you play numerous card games.

We left Sunday shortly after church. Leighton did well again, however was a little crankier this time as the kid refused to nap in the car. He took about a 45 minute snooze and then fought the sleepies from about 1pm until 7:45 when we put him down. He's a die-hard!

I can understand that though. I'm sure he was mad he was still sitting in the seat, strapped down. I'd get bored too.

But all in all, it was a great weekend and a great visit with great grandma/grandma.

Leighton's quite the trooper!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I don't know why, all of a sudden, my entries are double spaced like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really did a great job! Wow, what a patient little boy. I can only imagine how relieved you were at how good he was all weekend. Do you by chance have any pictures of Leighton with your grandmother? I'd love to see a pic of her.
    You know on Dumber & Dumber when Lloyd and Harry are riding in the "shagg'n wagon?" Lloyd goes, "It feels like you are running at an incredible rate, Harry!" Well, when you were talking about how fast Leighton is growing, I kept thinking, "I feels like he's growing at an incredible rate, Harry!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Molly - that's hilarious! I was quoting from Dumb and Dumber this weekend. The line where he goes, "Don't go dyin' on me now" My cousin and I were quizzin each other on movie lines :) And yes, I actually took a '4-generation' picture. I'll post it on here when I get it off my card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful that he did so well for the journey! You are a lucky momma - and he's a lucky boy. What an exciting time - and it must have been SO cool to show him off to everyone. I cannot wait to see him again - to see how much he's grown. Give him big hugs for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice little weekend you had there... Can't wait to see the 4 generation pic!

    ReplyDelete