Monday, July 5, 2010

What Baby's Experiencing...

Sometimes I wonder what baby's going through on days where I'm nonstop running around. Like this weekend, Friday night I don't think I sat down until it was time to go to bed (which was around 11pm). I was wiping up the kitchen floor (yes, bugs are still here), vacuuming every nook and cranny to help bug control, vacuumed upstairs, did laundry, worked on clearing out the baby room so we could get in there to paint, etc, etc.
Saturday morning woke up at 8am to do a photo session, got home around 1:00pm, rushed to get ready to meet up with my stepbrothers, brother, their significant others and my dad on the pontoon for an afternoon ride on the lake. I was rushing the second I got in the door because Jeff had been painting the baby room with our friend Tony. They had to concentrate on getting things picked up and cleaned off. I started packing my beach bag (intermittently while killing more bugs, sweeping, wiping, swiffering, mopping, etc). All the while I'm sweating my butt off.......
We were supposed to be at the lake at 2, didn't get there until 3 (I can't STAND being late!) Really irks me :(
So I felt terrible - had a mini break down - gathered myself - relaxed on the boat.
We got off the boat around 7pm, went home and showered and watched a movie.
Sunday we were up bright and early for church, then to the store for some food for a BBQ we were going to, realized we didn't plan well because we brought NOTHING to sit on or to really eat with our chicken we just bought - didn't bring much to drink... NOT good planners (didn't help that we were thinking of going home first but nope - changed our minds and decided to go RIGHT to the BBQ). Visited with our friends (and family that were just a few houses down from where we were) and left around 10pm (missing fireworks) since I had to be up at 5:30am.
*
So with all this running around and cleaning and running up and down stairs because I can't ever remember to grab things in one swoop and having one plan after the other......
I just wonder what baby goes through...
Sorry lil' babe - wish I could provide a more calm environment....but it just ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
But you have padding right? Lots of it? You should be safe in your bubble.
Just kick and punch me when I try to sleep - I'll take that as 'revenge.'
(which you pretty much already do so.... cool. Glad we're on the same page.)
And thanks for the bloody nose last night too...it was a nice touch.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only one who runs around like a freak all the time! :) Sounds like you need to take some Lyso/baby time. Wouldn't want baby's revenge to be bed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lyssy! Yikes! That sounds stressful. I bet other than the flood of adrenaline that baby gets, JP is probably just enjoying the serious rocking he's getting :)

    ReplyDelete