Sorry folks!
Haven't had a chance to get those pictures up.
I was busy racing around town on Tuesday - and then having the last baby class. My mom came with me as Mr. Dad had to entertain some vendors that were in town.
It was funny because at the beginning of the class, the instructor was talking about "care for mom" after the birth. She holds up this ginormous pad (which I'm thinking is a baby's diaper) and then she explained that we'll get to wear "this" either with or without an ice pack inside of it.
I CRACKED UP!
How in the world do you WALK with all that down there??? Cripes!
So it was a pretty good laugh - especially having mom there too. Ah... the things women go through....
But so yeah - had the class until 9pm and while sitting there, I had a mini-plague brewing inside me. By the end of the night, my throat was killing me and I felt like my head was going to explode. (sinus crap)
So picked up some caffeine-free tea on my way home and had a cup.
I could not get to sleep (solid sleep) until about 3am because I felt like I couldn't catch a breath and my body ached all over so I couldn't get comfortable.
Which means I ended up calling into work sick yesterday.
Left my bed to pee, get water, get a snack from time to time and that was about it.
So I may get the pictures up tonight! I purposely do not have anything planned today or tomorrow after work because I need rest - especially with yet another family shower on Saturday.
And Saturday marks the end to the shower madness.
Then comes more ORGANIZING!
'tis the life...
At least you got a preview of what you are in for after the birth. LOL! I had just heard about the ginormous pads from friends, but yep, I had that and the ice packs. So much fun, let me tell ya! LOL!
ReplyDeleteugh! my poor crotch has NO CLUE what's up the road! LOL! TMI?
ReplyDeleteSay yes to the ice pack. Seriously. You will be amazed at how nothing will ever feel better than that ice pack. : )
ReplyDeleteAnd make sure you take these last few weeks to say goodbye to your crotch as you know it. HA!
Kimmay
also be prepared to worship your spray bottle if you get stiches, think Tucks pads are the greatest invention on earth, and not feel too embarrassed to rearange your crotch and all the junk holding together in front of people as you sit down. I really think the recovery was WAY worse than actually delivering Gwen.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I got sick with the same crap right about the same time during my pregnancy as you are. I swear it was a test to see just how miserable I could feel and handle before the big day. HA! So think of it as some sort of sick training. Hope you're feeling better VERY SOON! :)
I second the recovery being worse. Ironic that I didn't use drugs to deliver my baby, but as soon as she was out, I was the lunatic lady raving for them.
ReplyDeleteAnymore talk like this and we are going to have this poor girl quivering in the corner trying to hold this kid inside freaking out about the asthetics of her crotch and the subsequent pain!
Really, Alyssa, its pretty pain free, doesn't hurt at all, and those crotch models you see plastered everywhere are always postbirth. Yep. No biggie!
Kimmay
Oh good so I don't have to panic just YET? LOL! You guys are cracking me up! I almost choked on my Cinnamon Toast Crunch reading these comments! I just love the "say goodbye to your crotch as you know it" LOL!!!!!!! FREAKIN' PRICELESS!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Kelli is right on about it all! LOL! I could tell you in a lot more detail but I'll save it for an email. LOL! I'm sure all these ladies know already! Ha!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I like the new background of your blog, very cute!
hehe i had to laugh at this post, too. when we had our birth class and they showed us the GINORMApads, i think i actually teared up. i mean COME ON, can they make the process seem anymore degrading?
ReplyDeleteBUT, i am here to tell you (apparently against all the other mothers ...) that it's really not that bad! the good news about how giant it is, is that you won't be doing much moving/walking anyway, so no need to worry about how it'll fit! just sit cross legged for a day, and you'll be fine. :)
but seriously. i was so paranoid about leaking at home, that i swiped two of those monsters to bring with me. they live under the sink in our bathroom, and the other day when we had a very tiny leak, dave came into the kitchen holding one and asked "do you think i should just use this?" so yeah. handy for so many purposes.
In response to Angie's post...I can't believe they didn't send you home with extra ginoraPads! I got a whole bag full and some of the ice packs too. And the squirt bottle, oh the joy. LOL!
ReplyDeletewhaaa? no way! i totally had to ask for them, and the nurse covertly helped me smuggle them out. however covertly one can smuggle a 10-foot pad. did get the squirt bottle complimentary, though. baby's favorite tub toy. :)
ReplyDeletewishing that I never read the comments from this post... my crotch hurts for you.
ReplyDeleteWow this was way too funny! I love that I read this so late...I love everyone's comments! SO TRUE to all of it! Definetly take those ice packs, they aren't too cold, don't worry! ha. I never took the classes so I didn't know those diapers were even coming, consider yourself lucky that you have time for it to all sink in :) The squirt bottle was amazing, never thought I'd enjoy squirting myself after a pee so much. The good thing is you are really only moving from the bed to the potty and back. And by the time you leave, you won't need anymore diapers! I switched to liners and felt like a woman again :) Can't wait to hear about your story!!!
ReplyDelete