Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Milestone

This morning I had the glucose screening for gestational diabetes.
I didn't mind the whole test. Really wasn't bad. However when I got there, I was thinking I wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom and I thought, 'how evil! they make the pregger drink this full glass of orange stuff in 5 minutes and then make her wait an hour? without peeing?'
BUT... I was misunderstood and yes, I was allowed a potty break.
I was told the drink was terrible when actually, it wasn't too bad. Sort of reminded me of the mystery orange soda you get at McDonalds. Where you're not quite sure it's a soda pop that's gone flat or a strange juice...
I never liked that orange stuff and unfortunately today, I had to tell myself it was either Sunkist or the mystery orange drink from McDonalds as I guzzled it.
It worked though.
And then I sarcastically asked for another.
It almost helps that you have to drink it so fast - who wants to relish the flavor of that drink anyway? Strange after-taste. That's what got me.
And then as I sat there with my stylish paper gown over my lap for the 'other' part of the appointment, I thought "why don't they make these rectangle covers with a butt flap or something?"
You sit on this table and try to get this paper sheet to cover your nakedness in the front, while trying to pull it around to cover your cheeks that are hangin' out.
Seriously.
A butt flap would be a nice invention.
I think it's enough that the OB doc has to see what they already see then in addition, have to see some flattened out buttcheeks on the way in too.
Agree?
I know you do.
*
And I passed the glucose test.
Between exercising and drinking Monavie, it was no problemo!
(And now for some spanish)
Thank You = Gracias
You're Welcome = You're Welcome-o

4 comments:

  1. Glad you passed!! Way to have a good attitude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - about the gown. Even a little robe would be nice - rather than sitting there all awkward. Oh well. Congrats on passing the test!!!! Great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, you passed! All that studying really paid off, YAY! :) Wonderful news!

    I liked the tasted of the "special drink" and asked for more too! I'm so happy there's another crazy person out there like me! Ha ha!

    I totally agree about the paper thing, who invented those anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! so happy for you that you passed the test right away. what a relief!

    ReplyDelete