Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Walking Pharmacy

I finally made it in to the OB for the first time (now that I'm 11 weeks). ha! I'm a little behind and in my defense, I don't remember how this stuff is supposed to work!
However my first appointment was for nausea and not my official "new OB visit." I'm still not feeling well and I feel like I'm losing my ability to do anything productive. Enough was enough so I called. Vitamin B6 and half a tab of Unisom was my 'prescription.' I know, right? Unisom? Seriously? I'm already feeling a bit "under the weather" and you're giving me a sleep aid? To take during the DAY? I trusted her and took some the other night and some this morning. I am S-T-R-U-G-G-L-I-N-G to keep my eyes open. Holy buckets. What does a FULL pill of Unisom do? So I'm not going to take it anymore. Not fun to be at work, trying to stay awake - I do that normally and it's no better with a little 'help.' Ended up going to get a half decaf half light roast iced coffee. (It's strange, hot coffee does NOT appeal to me anymore. Has to be iced.) So while I'm fighting my inner zombie, I think I'm just going to continue with the B6 and call it a day. If it doesn't work (so far it has - with the unisom), I'll just call my doc back and get some good stuff. Like Zofran or sumpin'. I'm not sure what's worse......... attempting to staple my eyelids open or holding in the feeling of throwing up.
With that said, everyone believes this baby is a girl. I've always felt I was destined for boys but even I am starting to doubt myself . If girls are this difficult in the womb, what are they like OUT of the womb? LOL! 

3 comments:

  1. Unisom is just benadryl. All sleep aids are. But that was odd she said to take that for nausea. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! I am so sorry that you've been feeling so crummy. :( I hope it wears off very soon and that you have more energy again. Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took 1/2 tab of Unisom every night during my pregnancy and it was the only thing that helped the morning sickness, then the WIDE away issues I faced later in pregnancy. Hope you're feeling better soon! And it's definitely a girl!

    ReplyDelete