Friday, June 8, 2012

Santa's Little Helper

Yes I know we're not even NEAR Christmas but I couldn't help but think of the dog on the Simpson's as I was writing "Lil' Helper." I found the overwhelming urge to put "Santa's" in front of it. So I did it. And now that we're over that - - - I just wanted to post a few more pictures of Sir Cuteness, helping. As those that have a toddler already know, they turn into QUITE the extra hand around, oh I dunno, I'd say LT wanted to help all the time around 18 months? If he hears me in the laundry room, he'll come running in shouting, "help! help! help!" and he opens the dryer and I get a basket for him. He unloads the dryer (grunting while doing it because I always like to make sounds as he pulls out the bigger items - cuz you know - they're 'heavy').
Then he holds out his arm so I can put the straps over it. (One of our 'laundry' baskets is the large utility tote from Thirty-One, so it has handles.) He carries it out to the living room (with my help of course), and he dumps out the clothes and then sits down and attempts to fold. Which is pretty much balls up the clothes. Then once I have the clothes NEATLY folded, he says "help?" again, and he carries them all into the kitchen to put them into the towel drawer. No idea what the fascination is with that drawer. Probably because it's his height. So if we're missing clothes, that's where we look.
He also likes to help outside. Whenever he's playing, I take the opportunity to put on my gloves and start pulling some weeds since you know, with the house, I got all domesticated n'stuff. So of course, he sees me doing this, drops whatever he's doing and yells 'help? hand? hand?' (meaning, Glove) and he holds out his hands. So I give him one. Then he joins me on the ground and pulls away. Typically at a plant and not a weed but I figure if he's happy, let him go. There aren't any plants that I'd cry over if he pulled a few leaves off of. Then there came a point where he wasn't happy with just ONE glove anymore (bye-bye Michael Jackson inspiration), he wanted both.
I said, fine, here, but this just means mommy gets her camera!
*
*
 (In the end, he only wanted one glove anyway.)
*

No comments:

Post a Comment