Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Milestone

Well, Sir Leighton has become Sir Cuteness. Grandma and Grandpa Pouliot were in town and watched LT for us while we worked. They then met up with us to get LT’s first haircut at Kid’s Hair. LOVED the place. Will definitely go back. I think the lady took all of about 6 minutes to cut LT’s hair. LOL!  I had the picture in my head that she would only trim it a little in the back to salvage some curl but nope. She cut, cut, cut. I have to admit, I was a little in shock because I didn’t know THAT MUCH was going to be cut off! My heart stopped for a moment as I watched my baby turn into a full blown LITTLE BOY!  He aged approximately 3 years if you ask me. He did really well. Only freaked out when he felt his locks fall onto his arms since he didn’t want to wear the cape and then calmed down once he received a sucker. Which eventually was caked in hair, which got on his hands, which made its way into his mouth. So now not only was he crying because he was ‘going bald,’ but because his tongue was covered in hair. As I picked it off, it was time for the shaver to trim up the sides and back. He freaked again. But not uncontrollably. Hair lady was still able to cut his hair without much problem. When all was said and done, LT had gained yet another sucker (a hair-free one) and was left alone while 4 of us took pictures of him.  I have to admit, even though it was sad to watch the curls go away, he looks MIGHTY HANDSOME!
Here are some photos of Sir Leighton, morphing into Sir Extra Cuteness:
(Really mom? is a picture necessary?)
(Look at that length! No wonder the neighbor called him a girl)
(Whoops, didn't like that)
*
 
*

(Check me out)
(nice and tight!)
*
(no more curls! wahhh!)
*
 
(hotdog shirt goes well, doesn't it?)
*

(He saw himself in the mirror and this was his reaction. Like, "Oh yeah! You Sir are CUTE!")
 *
(And for the final pose....)

1 comment:

  1. is there anything more traumatizing than baby's first haircut?? i completely relate to you, here. those CURLS! those sweet, sweet CURLS! what a hambone that little sir was. but whoa, mama, check out that HANDSOME little man, now! he looks like baby model material (he did before, too, but still). i love the photo essay. reminds me of quinn (who still hates having his hair cut. ugh.).

    ReplyDelete