Some of the most memorable things have been happening with LT lately. I haven't blogged in a while about his new "talents" so I thought I'd talk about a few. And maybe they aren't quite talents per se, but they're somethin' NEW!
Lets start with the word 'No.' Leighton knows this word well, as I'm sure other toddlers do. Leighton has now mastered saying 'no' and has associated it with shaking his head 'no.' Which is funny because Jeff and I don't do that. We usually just say 'no' and give 'that look' that LT shall eventually fear. Right? So I'm not sure where he got it from, but it's hysterical! (Moms find everything cute, right?) I think it's the way he says it. We asked him the other night, "Leighton, did you poop?" (because of course you can smell him from a mile away) And he looks at us and goes "No" and it was said with the "n" starting lower in tone and then as he got to the 'o,' it got higher, as if to ask, "NO?" And then to top off the cute lie, he shakes his head at the same time and then resumes playing. Next on the list: Teach LT about lying.
The other adorable thing he does is running up to me when I get home. For a while it was more, HEY! Mommy's home! And he'd look, smirk and then go back to whatever he was doing. I was FEELIN' the love. (?) And after a while of me sulking in my own "my-kid-doesn't-love-me-anymore" wet-blanket of an attitude, he now screams at the top of his lungs, a very SHORT scream - just enough to pierce your ears, and then looks at me through the side of his eye, and then comes at me with his arms out! I. LOVE. THIS! So much better than what he was doing before. Maybe he heard me silently crying inside? But now, I got my little handsome man running for me to pick him up!!!! But... sometimes I think it's just because he's now up in the air and can see the counters and where we keep the candy and snacks, as he immediately starts to point at them.
Which is another fun thing, kinda. He points the second you have him up in your arms. What's he pointing at? Beats me. Sometimes I can figure it out but I'm pretty sure he just holds his hand out and waits to see what I walk to and then determines if he wants it, then just swings his arm the other way to point at something else. Like a speck in the carpet for all I know. It's still cute though. His little pointed finger :) WHICH is still quite active when he dances. Gets that left hand in a pointed finger, while the other is in a fist and he dances away! Jeff was telling me LT was dancing to a hot dog commercial the other day and he told him, "Leighton, I know you like to dance but we do not dance to hot dog commercials." HA! One of these days we'll capture it on video and in fact, grandma might have something. I'll have to talk to her.....
Also, Leighton's learning words and is able to point out about 5 characters in his Sesame Street book and can point out about 5 or 6 animals. And he loves to mimic you when you tell him what a specific animal 'says.' I find it amusing. Myself that is. Here I am, driving down the road and going, 'What does a hippo say?' As he looks at me like, 'beats me!' I have the same look but I make up some deranged sound that's from a toy he has and hearing him trying to replicate it, is priceless! Oh and how I look driving down the road singing, B-I-N-G-O (with clapping against my leg for those 'missing' letters as you go on), is priceless too. I probably look insane. Which wouldn't be that far off.......
And to finish off the post, I'll post a picture from the State Fair. Because coming from me, it makes TOTAL sense:
oh man, i LOVE all of this. isn't he at such a fun stage! i think it's just the best when they can really start communicating. however, this line in particular really made me LOL: Next on the list: Teach LT about lying.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun update! They just get cuter and cuter with their little antics, don't they? :) I especially love the part where he RUNS to meet you now - cause I know just how much that means to you. <3!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat does his "hat" say? He visted what booth? Oh, I love the MN fair! Too much yummy food.
ReplyDeleteI saw a little boy at daycare run all excited to his daddy. I can't wait for Olivia to do this, but at the same time I am okay with her not growing up that fast! I bet Christmas is going to be so fun this year with LT!
ReplyDelete