Figured I better get on here and do some blogging. Life has been the usual chaotic mess. But a lovely one too :) Leighton has his 1 year appointment tomorrow so we'll see how much of a big boy he is. I'm going to guess he weighs about 25 lbs. Not sure about the height. I'm never good at guessing that. Maybe 31 inches? 32? Doesn't matter - at any rate - we know he's a big kid! Grandma Dianne bought him shoes the other day and they're size 4! They're just a TAD too big but they'll be just right before we know it. Daddy gets to take LT to this appointment. I wish I could go but the work schedule just can't work around it. I joked with Jeff about the list I'd give him to go over with the doctor. You're right. I wasn't joking. I was dead serious. I have a list. So what does Jeff say? Being his usual funny self, he suggests, "Well why don't you just get a picture of Leighton and draw little bubbles around him, pointing to what areas you'd like me to ask about so I can just give THAT to the doctor." Yes, I laughed. For a minute. Then I thought he should know better than to plant ideas in my head. I have enough on my plate. But I can't say that I WON'T, do this. To be funny? Maybe or maybe not....... but anyway - onto other things....
Behavior: LT has started a little bit of the 'freak-out-cuz-your-not-my-mom-or-dad' thing. I have to learn not to make the 'goodbye' so long and drawn out. I'm getting better.
Toys: Currently, Leighton probably has 2 favorite toys. One is the sound maker/projector in his room. I showed him how it can project pictures (it's a HomeMedics thing I got from my friend Cat when Leighton was born) So there you go Cat!! Your 'toy' is a hit! Right when he gets up or when he's in his room, he'll immediately go towards the projector and turn it on and ooooh and ahhhh at it. It's pretty cute. His other favorite would be his Cozy Coupe car. LOVES IT! He also loves to play with his little toy cars - still not too sure about the ones that you can pull back and they self propel across the floor. Those seem to be a little strange to him yet.
Walking: He's definitely in the 'bump the head' stage so we've had lots of tears over bumps from those encounters with corners of tables or walls. I assured LT it's all normal. I know some adults that still do this.
Affection: He's been doing the 'lean in to kiss' mom or dad lately too which is just TOO ADORABLE! The other day, Jeff and I were in his face (being normal parents) because we hadn't seen him in a day. He leaned in towards both of us and gave us each a 'kiss.' How do you NOT squeeze them with all your might out of the pure joy that comes from this!???? *sigh*
Parenthood is great.
It sounds like you are having such a blast being a mother, Al! What a blessing Leighton has been to both you and Jeff.
ReplyDelete