I feel compelled to share something. I've heard something said a few times over the years - in songs, conversation, on the radio by DJ's, etc. I wanted to share my 2 cents on it.
"An unanswered prayer."
An example would be Garth Brooks' song - "Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers." Um...yeah. I used to think Garth was right too and then I heard another view. Just because your prayer isn't answered the way YOU'D like it to be, doesn't mean it was 'unanswered.'
No prayer goes unanswered. God answers it in His way and time. He answers all prayers. It's according to HIS plan, not yours, remember?
I don't know where I'd be today if God answered my prayers in the way I asked.
Actually, wait. I do know.
I'd have a job I would probably despise by now...
I would have had to have lived through more broken hearts...
I'd be living in the wrong house...and I'd be married to the wrong person and I wouldn't have my little Sir Leighton!!!!!!
So chin-up people!
God is Good!
AMEN!!!
ReplyDeleteexactly!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, so true!
ReplyDeletePersonally, I can think of a few guys and prospective jobs where I feel I "dodged a bullet." Phew! Thank you Jesus for knowing what is best for me...even when I can't see it.